Before I continue, I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone that has visited and supported Kakkoii Club since July 2015. In the short five months that this website has been live, I’ve been lucky enough to have worked with:
- Tokyo Toys: Capturing the fun and excitement during their new store launch in Birmingham.
- Japan Candy Box: Subscription box review.
- Japan Matsuri: Being able to get a front row seat photographing the days events and making a lot of new friends throughout the one day festival held at Trafalgar Square.
- Hyper Japan Christmas Market: Providing us with our ‘Japanese fix’ until the next ‘Hyper Japan’ event in July & witnessing ‘LADYBABY’ dominating the weekends proceedings!
- VAMPS: Inviting ‘VAMPS’ fans worldwide to send me their hottest questions for the band to answer.
- MIYAVI, Crossfaith & Asian Kung-Fu Generation: Getting up close and personal in the photo pits to bring you a taste of their live performances.
- Rugby World Cup: I’m lucky enough to live in Milton Keynes, where we had the honour of hosting the Japan V Samoa game. Although I didn’t have tickets for the match, I was able to capture the build up and excitement of the Japanese crowd before ‘kick off’!
- Maids of England: I joined ‘MOE’ for their annual Halloween party, held at Cafe Necco!
- Airu: Visual Tour: Working with Airu has been a blast and I can’t thank her enough for sharing her interviews with the hottest ‘Visual Kei’ bands, direct from Japan!
The excitement didn’t end there, after entering Kakkoii Club into the inaugural Milton Keynes Digital Awards, I was beyond chuffed that I picked up the ‘Bronze Award’ on the evening! It’s a huge achievement just to get recognised for your work but to be nominated or collect an award really is the icing on the cake! The passion for discovering more about Japan and it’s modern culture was what inspired me to create Kakkoii Club. I’m by no means an expert and I’m hoping you’ll enjoy the ride discovering Japan’s rich culture through my posts, event photos and more! Who knows, it may inspire you to create your own site or even think about planning your first trip to Japan!
‘Hyper Japan’ really lit the fuse to what was to follow; being completely immersed in Japan’s culture under one roof really opened my eyes! From the sights and smells to the buzzing sound of excitement coming from the Nintendo booth, it didn’t take long before I knew I had to discover more! Two years (and events) later, ‘Hyper Japan’ is THE festival for me and thousands of others that either can’t afford to visit the country just now (that hasn’t stopped me saving!) or are just curious about the culture.
“What’s next for Kakkoii Club?”
The fresh site design was just the beginning! All will be revealed in my next post, so don’t forget to subscribe to receive the next update direct to your inbox!
Are there any particular topics or events you’d like Kakkoii Club to cover in 2016? Share your thoughts in the comments below!