Over the course of their 15-year career, Japan’s chart-topping electro-pop trio Perfume have repeatedly redefined the interplay between music, fashion, technology and design. In August, a special gallery exhibition will bring Perfume’s unique design to London, offering fans and newcomers a rare opportunity to see outfits worn by a-chan, KASHIYUKA and NOCCHi on stage and in music videos – along with other memorabilia and artefacts from throughout their career!
‘Perfume: A Gallery Experience – Supported by Rhizomatiks’ will gather items such as the light-up LED dresses from the video to smash-hit single ‘Spring of Life’; the dresses, engineered by globally renowned multimedia design group Rhizomatiks, are just one example of how Perfume have embraced cutting-edge tech into their bold fashion. Other exhibits on display will include high-heel shoes that were specially designed for Perfume’s intricate stage performances, promo posters from all through their career, and items created just for this exhibition such as a photo spot and a special video message from the members of Perfume!
Until 18th July, fans are invited to vote on Perfume’s official Facebook page for their favourite outfit. The winning clothes will be displayed at the London exhibition, which will be held at The Old Truman Brewery, Shop 7 in Shoreditch, London, on 6th and 7th August. Tickets are £5 + booking fee and if you purchase your tickets in advance, you’ll receive an exclusive free collectors’ postcard, on entry to the venue.
The exhibition coincides with the European vinyl release (pictured below) of Perfume’s latest album ‘Cosmic Explorer’, which will be available for purchase at the venue, along with the highly anticipated Blu-ray release of feature-length documentary ‘WE ARE Perfume -WORLD TOUR 3rd DOCUMENT’ and other Perfume CDs and DVDs.
Blu-ray content as follows:
- English subtitles throughout.
- Limited Edition Blu-ray (movie disc + bonus disc + bonus CD)
- Movie disc -Documentary movie + sub-audio by Perfume explaining about the scenes (approx. 120 min)
- Bonus disc – Behind the scene of SXSW Special interview with Perfume Trailer
- Bonus CD Original Soundtrack (4 songs / approx. 20 minutes long) 1) Teleportation 2) Expectation 3) Spring of Life (Piano ver.) 4) Journey
If you can’t make it to this special event, don’t fear, UK label Wrasse Records have the below items available to pre-order to those fans outside of Japan! Click on the below links for price and availability details:
- ‘Cosmic Explorer’ CD
- ‘Cosmic Explorer’ – Ltd Edition Vinyl (EUROPE ONLY)
- ‘Cosmic Explorer’ – Ltd Edition Vinyl (OUTSIDE OF EUROPE, EXCLUDING JAPAN)
- ‘WE ARE Perfume -WORLD TOUR 3rd DOCUMENT’ – Blu-ray (WORLD, EXCLUDING JAPAN)
Don’t miss ‘Perfume: A Gallery Experience – Supported by Rhizomatiks’
Saturday 6 August, 2016 10:00-20:00
Sunday 7 August, 2016 10:00-19:00
Old Truman Brewery Shop 7
7 Dray Walk, London E1 6NJ
Which edition has caught your eye?? Share your thoughts in the comments below!